Fashions That Flatter
- Most women, regardless of age, shape or size, perceive that they have body flaws.
- Sixty-three percent cited their stomachs as their major problem area, followed by thighs (45 percent), hips (34 percent) and rear ends (33 percent).
- These "problems" significantly increase for women who wear larger than a size 10.
- Sixty-five percent described their attempts to control their weight as unsuccessful.
Diet and exercise are the best solutions for looking and feeling better but women have also turned to shape wear, such as old-fashioned girdles and other undergarments for instant effect.
The designers also offer these five slimming style tips:
1. Higher necklines support and minimize a full bust.
2. Vertical stripes, princess seams and single-breasted jackets provide a slimming illusion.
3. Bootcut pants and flared skirts minimize heavy hips, thighs and rear.
4. Tunic tops stylishly conceal hips and rear.
5. Clothes containing super control fabrics with Lycra and power-mesh panels can smooth away imperfections.
Have a great week!